Who doesn’t love a fine water mist? up the organic question up a bit and let me introduce you to one of many good things Modern India has introduced me to. This is an uber luxury ayurveda brand named Kama Ayurveda . They deliver worldwide (not to Dubai unfortunately 😦 ) and I went absolutely crazy at the store because currency exchange rates people!!
This particular water mist, is called Lavender Water Mist. (10$ people!!)
- I love Lavender. Give me anything lavender except in food, I will literally marry it.
- I am a sucker for great packaging, I feel a product needs to look good inside out. This one fits the bill.
- It has handpicked pure lavender from the Himalayas in steam distilled water, which means, hello goodness of the Himalayas.
- This is affordable luxury at it’s best and it’s a great thing not everyone knows about it. <insert chuckle here>
When do I use it:
- On my face after shower. Here’s the secret, I only shower at night except on weekends when it’s during the day. Post shower, my face feels exceptionally dry; like little men are pulling my skin from all sides. Before any cream/lotion I first spritz this on. It calms my skin and makes it a good base to start with.
- I wet my Beauty Blender with this. That way, I am not running between the bathroom and dressing mirror and the amount of water is just right.
- I use it as a make up setting spray. Once everything is on and I feel the little men who pull my skin are trying to come back, I spritz some on, just to get that hydration going.
- Here’s the thing, moisturizers don’t add moisture, they retain the moisture your skin has. So the right time to apply any moisturizer is when your skin is slightly wet, post a wash. This is why spritzing this on before and after my routines works in locking up moisture and keeping my skin relaxed.
- My cat: If you didn’t know water sprays are used as punishment on cats instead of hitting them. I just grab this bottle and shoot especially early mornings when he decides to play “lets-drop-this-and-see-what-happens” on my dresser.